Are you ready for summer boating? Whether you are headed to the lake or getting ready to float down the river, your boat needs a little T.L.C after hibernating all winter. Avoid being stranded at sea on a dirty boat by following your checklist to get your boat ready.
All packed up and ready to go… but is your boat?
- Before sailing the open waters, check the mechanical systems to assure nothing needs replaced. Harsh winter weather can cause cracks/damages that can lead to leaks within engine, battery, and fuel systems.
- Safety equipment such as life jackets, throwable flotation devices, and fire extinguishers should be examined after lying dormant.
Has your boat picked up unwanted guests like mold/mildew and other grime all winter?
- Start by cleaning the exterior. When doing this it’s best on dry land and away from any lakes or rivers to avoid contamination with chemicals.
- Wear protective gloves if working with harsh products like wax and other protectants.
Different types of boat flooring need different types of care.
1. Boat Carpet
2. Vinyl Marine Flooring
- Cleaning vinyl Marine flooring is incredibly easy. Because the Discount Marine Flooring is 100% vinyl, simply use soap and water to clean and you’re done. No need to spend time scrubbing carpet and trying to remove stains and mold.
Knowing what steps to take after a long dormant winter can improve your boats longevity so you know your investment is worth it.